1. Receive enough sleep every day – People who have the finest health and lifespan get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep every day.
– Making time for relaxation and recreation on a daily basis is also beneficial to the body and mind.
2. Participate in frequent physical activity
– Aim for 30-60 minutes of physical exercise on most, if not all, weekdays.
– Strengthening exercises should be done at least twice a week to maintain a healthy lean body weight.
3. Increase your intake of plant-based foods.
– Aim for at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day (up to 9 is advised).
– Limit fatty meats and foods rich in cholesterol.
– Plant proteins can be found in peas, beans, nuts, and soy foods.
4. Increase your intake of whole-grain breads and cereals.
– Aim for three servings of whole grains every day (including brown rice and oatmeal).
– Reduce your intake of highly refined cereals including white bread, pastries, white rice, and sugary cereals.
5. Select healthy fats
– Instead of animal and solid fats like butter, hard stick margarine, and shortening, use unhydrogenated vegetable oils and trans fat free margarine.
– Consume at least one serving of nuts every day (1 oz of nuts or 2 tablespoons of peanut or almond butter). – Consume n-3 fatty acid-rich foods on a daily basis, such as flax meal, walnuts, soy, or canola and soy oils.
6. Aim for a healthy weight
– a BMI of less than 25 is recommended. Obesity and high risk are associated with a BMI of 30 or higher.
– For men, a waist circumference of less than 37 inches and less than 32 inches for women is ideal.
– Waist circumference of 40 inches or more suggests high risk for men, whereas for women, a circumference of 35 inches or more indicates high risk.
7. Be free of tobacco, illicit substances, and alcohol addiction.
– Every year, 85,000 people die prematurely as a result of drinking.
– Every year, smoking claims the lives of almost 400,000 people.
– Drug abuse can lead to addiction, which can be harmful to one’s physical, emotional, and spiritual health.
8. Keep a positive, upbeat view on life.
– Decide to look on the bright side of things. Be content. Have a lot of laughs. Give joy and hope to those with whom you work and live on a daily basis. If you’ve been sad and depressed for a long time, seek treatment.
9. Spend time with family or friends on a daily basis.
– Positive interactions help people develop strong hearts and minds. Maintain a friendly, loving, and accepting attitude. Share a pleasant word with someone you see on a regular basis at home or at work.
10. Make time for spiritual refreshment on a daily basis.
– Establish a daily quiet time to read, pray, contemplate, and seek spiritual refreshment. A grateful, forgiving, and serving heart can help you fly beyond life’s challenges.